AVRO Vulcan XH558 Pewter Tankard
- Related Products
AVRO Vulcan XH558 Pewter Tankard - Individually hand crafted in Sheffield, UK
The Avro Vulcan B2 was known affectionately as the “tin triangle”. The AVRO Vulcan XH558 Pewter Tankard, made of 92% tin – the 4th most precious metal, is a perfect addition to our range. Especially in the year of the 10th Anniversary (tin) of returning XH558 to the skies of Great Britain.
Known to have ancient roots, pewter possesses a unique combination of qualities. It retains its sheen and is hard-wearing. It’s no surprise that pewter has been in continuous use since the Bronze Age and is one of the world’s oldest manufacturing industries.
Each AVRO Vulcan XH558 pewter tankard has been handcrafted, one piece at a time, by the manufacturer in Sheffield, UK, the heart of the metalwork industry.
- 1 pint capacity Pewter Tankard
- Vulcan Planform design embossed on front
- Able to be engraved
- square handle
- Bright polished finish
- Supplied in gift box
- Height: 115mm
- Base diameter: 115mm
- Weight approx: 250g
A touchmark appears on the base of the tankard and is your guarantee of authenticity, quality and craftsmanship. It consists of five symbols with the following meaning:
- ARW – the initials of the manufacturer's founder, Arthur Richard Wentworth, who founded the company in 1949.
- 92 – the minimum percentage of tin, the fourth most precious metal.
- EPU – European Pewter Union membership.
- ABPC – the Association of British Pewter Craftsmen mark.
- The two sheaves of arrows are part of the City of Sheffield’s coat of arms
Taking care of your Pewter Tankard
Your Pewter Tankard will retain its lustrous finish with the minimum of care:
- If it has become dull, simply clean with a metal polish before you wash it.
- Always polish in straight lines for the best results.
- Wash it by hand in hot soapy water and dry it with a soft cloth.