- Related Products
RAF100 series: Hercules and VC-10
Officially Licensed Product
To recognise 100 years of the RAF we are offering a series of 10 coins featuring some of the most loved and iconic aircraft from the history of the Royal Air Force, up to the present day. Licensed by the Ministry of Defence, the collection includes aircraft types such as the Typhoon, Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane and of course a coin featuring the V-Force: Vulcan, Victor and Valiant.
The RAF100 series wouldn't be complete without acknowledgement of the aircraft that transport troops, spares, equipment and aid.
- Featured on one side is the Hercules. This aircraft has been in service with the RAF in various guises since the 1960s and had been based at RAF Lyneham until a recent move to RAF Brize Norton.
- The reverse of the coin shows the Vickers VC-10. This aircraft was used as a tanker and troop carrier for many years until being retired from service in 2013. Those who have heard the VC-10 take off won't forget it in a hurry!
Click below to visit the coins from the collection that are available now:
- Tornado GR.4 - Available Now!
- Chinook/Sea King - Available Now!
- Harrier/Phantom - Available Now!
- Sopwith Camel/AVRO 504 - Available Now!
- Typhoon/F-35 - Available Now!
- Vulcan/Victor/Valiant - Available Now!
- Lightning/Hunter - Available Now!
- Hercules/VC-10 - Available Now!
- Lancaster/Spitfire/Hurricane - Available Now!
- Gold Completer Medallion - completes the RAF100 series - Available Now!