Vulcan XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience - 14th September 2019 - AM session
- Related Products
LIMITED TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
IMPORTANT: In the email confirming your order, you will be given guidelines for providing the names of all those attending the Engine Ground-Run.
This detail is required in advance of your visit for airport security to arrange security passes for your access to the airfield.
ADMISSION ONLY VIA E-TICKET & VALID PHOTO I.D. ON THE DAY
- Juniors (16+) must be accompanied by an adult and have their own photo I.D.
- This is an e-ticket - no physical ticket will be issued.
- If your order is for the event only please select 'EVENT TICKET' at checkout to remove delivery charges.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges will apply.
Enjoy the Vulcan XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience
AM session - Saturday 14th September 2019 - Check-in: 9am
Hotel details: Ramada Encore - Doncaster Sheffield Airport
First Ave, Finningley, Doncaster DN9 3GP
- Arrive at the Ramada Hotel on the edge of Doncaster Sheffield Airport for 9am to your Welcome Meeting with Danish Pastries and drinks provided.
- Take in your briefing, then depart through security (Valid photo I.D. required) to board a coach that will follow XH558 to the engine running bay.
- See the ground crew prepare the aircraft for power-on.
- Witness the aircraft come to life, with all Olympus engines started and control surfaces exercised.
- See the operation of the bomb-bay doors and air-brakes.
- Hear application of full-power on selected engines and the famous Vulcan 'howl' .
- Shutdown and then close under-wing inspections complete the airside visit before returning to the coach.
- Return to Hotel for light lunch and subsequent departure. Tour completes around 12.30pm.
There will be plenty of photo opportunities for you to capture the memory, to show to family and friends.
All tour participants must be 16 years of age or older and have photo I.D.
16 or 17 year-olds must be accompanied by an adult.
This tour involves a short amount of walking and plenty of standing - and is not ideally suited for those with restricted or limited mobility. If you require wheelchair access, please call 01302 802077 to discuss your needs BEFORE booking. In each case, every wheelchair user should be accompanied by a responsible paying adult as part of their party. This is to comply with Health & Safety regulations when live-side on an active airport.
All participants must bring valid photo I.D. in the form of a Photographic Driver's Licence Card or UK Passport. (There are no exemptions through security on this. In the event of failure to produce valid documents, refusal of admission to air-side will result. We have no control over this.) As a diversion airfield, engine ground-runs at Doncaster Sheffield Airport are subject to operational conditions on the day. In the unlikely event of late cancellation, this will result in an alternative date being offered or a full refund. Our liability is limited to the price of your tour tickets only. By booking, you accept full agreement of these terms.
This is a e-ticket - no physical ticket will be issued.
- Select 'EVENT TICKET' as your delivery method at checkout, if your order is for the event only.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges apply.