Vulcan XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience - Sunday 10 October 2021
- Related Products
Admission is only available via e-ticket & valid photo I.D
Please read the 'Tour Conditions' section before booking.
- All participants must have valid up-to-date photo I.D.
- This must be a Photographic Driver's Licence Card or UK Passport.
- Attendees must be 16+ and have their own photo I.D.
- 16 and 17 year olds must be accompanied by a paying adult.
IMPORTANT: In the email confirming your order, you will be given guidelines for providing the names and ID details of all those attending your visit.
This detail is required in advance of your visit to arrange security passes for your access to the airfield through airport security.
Vulcan XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience
Sunday 10 October 2021
- AM Session: 9am to 1pm
- Arrival drink with lunch at the meeting point after the engine ground-run.
- PM Session: 12:30pm to 4:30pm
- Lunch on arrival with a drink at the meeting point after the engine ground-run.
Your visit begins with a meet-and-greet in The Harvey Arms, Finningley. Your experience will include free parking, return transport to see XH558, drinks and a light lunch.
Meeting point: The Harvey Arms,
The meeting room is at the rear of the venue
TEL: 01302 770200
For the safety and protection of you and our volunteers please consider wearing a face mask whenever indoors during your visit.
Your Vulcan XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience
- Arrive at The Harvey Arms at the beginning of your session time and produce your valid photo I.D. for your security pass to be completed.
- Please do not arrive before your session time, as we must manage the numbers of people on-site to comply with social distancing rules.
- Board the coach and take in your security briefing, before passing through security on the airport to see XH558 at the engine running bay.
- See the ground crew prepare the aircraft for power-on.
- A short visit to the cockpit for a photo opportunity. (restrictions apply - one person per visit)
- Witness the aircraft come to life as the control surfaces – elevons and rudder - are exercised in preparation for all Olympus engines being started.
- See the operation of the bomb-bay doors and airbrakes.
- Hear application of full power on selected engines and the famous Vulcan ‘howl’.
- Watch the team follow the process of shutting down the engines.
- Spend time under XH558’s huge delta-wing before returning to the coach.
- Return to the meeting point at the end of your visit.
Please read the Tour Conditions before booking.
There will be plenty of photo opportunities for you to capture the memory, to show to family and friends.
An amazing and memorable experience!
Our volunteer team are Covid-19 tested prior to each event
to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus on your visit.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN E-TICKET EVENT - NO PHYSICAL TICKET WILL BE ISSUED
- Select 'EVENT TICKET' as your delivery method at checkout, if your order is for the event only.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges apply.
By booking, you accept full agreement of the Tour Conditions.