Admission is only available via e-ticket & valid photo I.D.
Please read the Tour Conditions before booking.
- All participants must have valid up-to-date photo I.D.
- Attendees must be 16+ and have their own photo I.D.
- 16 and 17 year olds must be accompanied by a paying adult.
View accepted forms of Photographic ID ►
IMPORTANT: In the email confirming your order, you will be given guidelines for providing the names and ID details of all those attending your visit.
This detail is required in advance of your visit to arrange security passes for your access to the airfield through airport security.
Vulcan XH558 Feel the Howl - SP401
Sunday 10 April 2022
- 10am to 2pm
- Arrival drink with lunch at the meeting point after the Feel the Howl event.
Your visit begins with a meet-and-greet in The Harvey Arms, Finningley. Your experience will include free parking, return transport to see XH558, drinks and a light lunch.
Meeting point: The Harvey Arms,
Old Bawtry Road, Finningley, DN9 3BY
The meeting room is at the rear of the venue
TEL: 01302 770200
For the safety and protection of you and our volunteers please consider wearing a face mask whenever indoors during your visit.
Your Vulcan XH558 Feel the Howl Experience
- Arrive at The Harvey Arms at the beginning of your session time and produce your valid photo I.D. for your security pass to be completed.
- Board the coach and take in your security briefing, before passing through security on the airport to see XH558 at the engine running bay.
- See the ground crew prepare the aircraft for power-on.
- A short visit to the cockpit for a photo opportunity. (restrictions apply - one person per visit)
- Witness the aircraft come to life as the control surfaces – elevons and rudder - are exercised in preparation for all Olympus engines being started.
- From the wing tip, experience engine start up as her powerful Olympus engines spring to life.
- See and hear the engines put through the SP401 servicing procedure to bring them out of winter storage.
- SP401 involves the engines running for approximately one hour with individual engines put through the paces from idle, through 50% to 75%, then Feel the Howl as the engine is pushed to 100%
- During the one hour run this will happen several times.
- During the SP401 procedure XH558 has all her systems checked for consistency and operation.
- See the operation of the bomb-bay doors, air-brakes landing lights and auxiliary power unit
- Spend time under XH558’s huge delta-wing before returning to the coach.
- Return to the meeting point at the end of your visit.
Lots of photo and video opportunities to catch the aircraft moving
Please read the Tour Conditions before booking
There will be plenty of photo opportunities for you to capture the memory, to show to family and friends.
An amazing and memorable experience!
You will receive a personalised commemorative certificate to go with your photos and memories of your special day.
Remind yourself of the sight,
sound and smell of a living Vulcan!
Our volunteer team are Covid-19 tested prior to each event to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus on your visit.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN E-TICKET EVENT - NO PHYSICAL TICKET WILL BE ISSUED
Print your confirmation email or bring the order number with you. This will serve as your entry details for the party /number of people booked.
- Select 'EVENT TICKET' as your delivery method at checkout, if your order is for the event only.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges apply.
READ TOUR CONDITIONS ►
By booking, you accept full agreement of the Tour Conditions.