Vulcan XH558 Halloween Howl - SP401 and Taxi
Sunday 28th October 2018 - 9:00am - 2pm
Product Code: EVTEGR019
- Related Products
LIMITED TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
IMPORTANT: In the email confirming your order, you will be given guidelines for providing the names of all those attending the Halloween Howl.
This detail is required in advance of your visit for airport security to arrange security passes for your access to the airfield.
ADMISSION ONLY VIA E-TICKET & VALID PHOTO I.D. ON THE DAY
- Attendees must be 16+.
- 16 and 17 year olds must be accompanied by an adult and have their own photo I.D.
- This is an e-ticket - no physical ticket will be issued.
- If your order is for the event only please select 'EVENT TICKET' at checkout to remove delivery charges.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges will apply.
Enjoy the Vulcan XH558 Halloween Howl
Engine Ground-Run Experience
Sunday 28th October 2018
9:00am - 2pm
Hotel details: Ramada Encore - Doncaster Sheffield Airport
First Ave, Finningley, Doncaster DN9 3GP
- Arrive at the Ramada Hotel on the edge of Doncaster Sheffield Airport for 9:00am to your Welcome Meeting with pastries and drinks provided.
- Take in your in-depth briefing about your day then depart through security (Valid photo I.D. required) to board a coach that will take you to an area on the airfield where you will see XH558 being towed out from her parking area.
- You will then follow XH558 down the taxi way to the engine running bay.
- See the ground crew prepare the aircraft for power-on.
- During preparation for the run you will be given an opportunity to visit the cockpit for a short visit and photo opportunity.
- Witness the aircraft come to life as all the control surfaces are exercised.
- From the wing tip experience engine start up as her powerful Olympus engines spring to life.
- See all four engines put through the SP401 servicing procedure ready for winter storage.
- SP401 involves all four engines run for approximately 1 hour with each engine put through its paces from Idle through 50% to 75% then witness the Halloween howl as each Engine is pushed to 100%
- During the one hour run this will happen several times.
- During the SP401 procedure XH558 has all her systems checked for consistency and operation.
- See the operation of the bomb-bay doors, air-brakes landing lights and auxiliary power unit
- Once the SP401 procedure is complete it's back on the bus and return to XH558's shut down area known as Zulu 6 to see her taxying in, ready for shut down.
- Lots of photo and video opportunities to catch the Aircraft moving under her own power.
- Board the bus and return to Hotel for lunch and a browse of our merchandise stand.
- Your day will conclude at approximately 2.00pm
Special Tour Conditions - PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
All tour participants must be 16 years of age or older and have photo I.D.
16 and 17 year-olds must be accompanied by an adult.
This tour involves a short amount of walking and plenty of standing - and is not ideally suited for those with restricted or limited mobility. If you require wheelchair access, please call 01302 802077 to discuss your needs BEFORE booking. In each case, every wheelchair user should be accompanied by a responsible paying adult as part of their party. This is to comply with Health & Safety regulations when live-side on an active airport.
All participants must bring valid photo I.D. in the form of a Photographic Driver's Licence Card or UK Passport. (There are no exemptions through security on this. In the event of failure to produce valid documents, refusal of admission to air-side will result. We have no control over this.) As a diversion airfield, engine ground-runs at Doncaster Sheffield Airport are subject to operational conditions on the day. In the unlikely event of late cancellation, this will result in an alternative date being offered or a full refund. Our liability is limited to the price of your tour tickets only. By booking, you accept full agreement of these terms.
This is a e-ticket - no physical ticket will be issued.
Print your confirmation email or bring the order number with you. This, together with your surname and postcode will serve as your entry details for the party /number of people booked.
- Select 'EVENT TICKET' as your delivery method at checkout, if your order is for the event only.
- If other items are placed on the same order, delivery charges apply.